Friday, January 1, 2010

Wishing YOU Blessings In 2010!


May your troubles be less,
Your blessings be more,
And nothing but happiness
Come through your door.
-Unknown

We had a very uneventful New Year's Eve. In bed well before midnight. Today I have spent most of the day stitching (between your typical household chores). I finished my first piece for the year. Actually, I planned it that way. I've been working on a square for CSFC (Cross Stitch For Charity) and knew I wouldn't get it done before the year ended. So I pushed on thru and finished it today. I also made a start on LHN's The Library. The SAL for this piece began today.

Now, back to the lists. I spent a bit of time going through what's been started and what's been kitted up as well as some committments I've made. Here are some well thought out goals for my new year:

STITCHING STARTS
two ornaments per month (LHN Ornament SAL and Bride's Tree Ornament SAL)
Prairie Schooler ABCs SAL
LHN Travelling Stitcher SAL
LHN THe Library SAL
Brooke's Books ABCs SAL
Christmas Pillow
at this point I am not participating in any exchanges. I will limit them to 4


STITCHING UFOs
Aury's Heritage SAL
2muchXS UFO Challenge - Monarch Butterfly by Dyan Allaire
PS Country Wise
PS Home OF A Needleworker
Sweetheart Tree - Cat Lovers biscornu
Janlynn - Black Retriever
Remberence
finishing techniques for ornaments

QUILTING
bind 3 existing quilts
four QOVs
two personal quilts
make two stitching totes

STASH
I will not purchase any cross stitch charts until I have completed a project and passed on the chart.
I will not purchase any stitching fabric but minimal that is needed to complete a project.
I will not purchase any quilting patterns.
I will not purchase any quilting fabric but minimal that is needed to complete a current project.

PERSONAL (am re-doing all of these as they all need work still)
practice Gratitude
be kinder to DH
drink, drink, drink water
excercise
eat healthier

Sooo... wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it fun to put up all these lists? I for one love it mo matter if I'll stick to them or not.
    Wisching you all the best for 2010 and good luck with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, good luck with your resolutions. I have the same to exercise more and drink more water (blah!) I hate water too; it actually gives me indigestion but I'm gonna try.
    Your SAL's look like fun and I'm also doing the LHN ornament and Brooke's ABC SAL....these will be fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment... I just love heearing from you!

Sewing machine