Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Gratitude

I am so thankful for the simple things in my life; a hug, a smile, a kiss, a kind word, laughter, the snuggle of a dog nose. And for all the things I take for granted; being able to walk, talk, hear, see, my health (which isn't the greatest yet, so much better than many). The BIG things I don't give a second thought to; a comfy home, a safe vehicle, a loving and supportive husband, an income that allows us to live a moderate yet comfortable life.

FRIENDSHIP
Just returned from a week-end with some of the most wonderful women. They truly delight me. Our stitching group is varied in so many ways beyond the obvious (ages, abilities) yet we come together to share our love of needle and thread. We laugh, share, encourage, learn, teach, eat, enable, shop. They are generous beyond anything I've ever experienced. I've only been included in this sisterhood for one year now yet I feel a kinship here beyond acquaintances I have known for years. I've learned more about stitching from these ladies than in my entire past years of stitching. There is no judging here. They make me want to reach into myself for hidden strengths and talents and try new ventures. Beyond any other people in my life, these women are my friends. I look forward excitedly for our get-togethers. Whatever took me so long to find these kinds of friends? I'm just grateful to be counted among them now! (Oh yeah, they enable me to keep my wallet empty and my credit card full!!! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Barb, I feel exactly the same way you do. I am thankful every day for the smallest pleasures in life and I tell BF every day that I am thankful to have in my life and be living the life we live right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post - nothing like the friendship of other women.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment... I just love heearing from you!

Sewing machine