Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Home from Alabama

Guess it's about time to share about my wonderful visit with Erica, my grand-daughter, and the light of my life. It was sooo very difficult to leave. I'd move to Daphne in a heart beat if Jim would go. Like that'll ever happen! Darned camera isn't downloading so photos will have to follow.

We had such a wonderful time although Erica had finals to take. Her mom, Patti, was home on leave, recovering from surgery. We were able to do some shopping and find some fabulous buys. On "Black Friday" we took it slow and steady. I spent more on "ME" than I can ever remember. With Patti in recovery mode and me with my back, we were quite a team.

I had gotten some serious cortisone-like shots in my back prior to traveling. The trip there was a breeze! Great flights, on-time connections, and little back pain (I didn't even wear a pain patch). Well, that didn't last! The return trip was chaos! Broken planes, rerouted schedules, pain patches at two levels on my back! Ouch!Fortunately I was able to make the last flight of the day into Redmond.

Our Thanksgiving was very quiet! We went to Cracker Barrel to eat as Erica's half-sister was working there. Then Erica joined her boyfriend's family for their dinner. I tried to stitch a bit. The frogs were out in full force!

I was so thankful to have this time with Erica and Patti. My visits are always so restful and I truly enjoy all the "girl time". I have been blessed in so many ways. I pray that all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment... I just love heearing from you!

Sewing machine