Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lots of Photos!

I've finally got some photos to show you. I'm not too slow for you, am I? My camera's not the greatest for close ups so some of these aren't terribly clear.

This is the piece I completed the other day. The coloring doesn't show true here. It was a mystery on the German Marquoir group. It's done on a miscellaneous piece of linen in DMC flosses.

Here is the baseball quilt I made for my 10 y.o. grandson, Alex. I chose the diamond pattern to represent a baseball diamond. I think it's a little on the busy side.

Now the back I love, love, love! Notice I had a specially made label for the corner.

This is The Button Tree by The Drawn Thread that I'd mentioned in my last post. Isn't it too darling? I may even do one with colored buttons too.

These are the other three charts I got from Sonda besides The Button Tree.

Now I want to show you some goodies I recently aquired. These are antique spools. Aren't they lovely. I spent a bit more than I had planned to but I just HAD to have them. I wanted to buy just a few (how could I decide!!) but they wouldn't split the lot.


Well, DH says it's way past bedtime. Think I'll take the hint. More photos tomorrow! Don't worry, it will be tomorrow cuz' the photos have already been taken. Nighty night!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, you have been very busy lately. I love the heart that you stitched as a mystery. It has great colours. Your grandson will love his new quilt. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb

    Thank you for your input on the Travelling Stitcher blog, its lovely to see where everyone is from... and some very lovely stitching on your blog. And the quilt is absolutely gorgeous, in the new year I intend to do some quilt making myself... oh for more hours in the day!
    Bests and Happy Stitching

    Chris x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment... I just love heearing from you!

Sewing machine