Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Road Trip Gone Haywire!!!

Alas, it has been quite some time since I last reported in. I just haven't been able to find the words.

My previously mentioned road trip was quite a hit aka I nearly totalled Blondie. To keep it short, I picked up a rental (the rollerskate) and headed back on the road twelve hours later. Got to court just a half hour before they convened. Had to call my BFF, Pam, in Vancouver, B.C. & cancel. I just couldn't tempt the fates in the lousy weather in a rental car with no chains or traction tires. Sooooo, I stayed on with Dot and learned to make Chicken Enchiladas and Need-ums. She made me a lovely apron which I will treasure. We gabbed and sewed. I finished the binding on my latest Quilt Of Valor (sorry, I forgot to take a pic!).

When I left Dot's I headed up to Nikki's. Nik has been inviting me and I decided if she could take in a wandering soul on short notice I'd park 'er there for a bit of stitching fun. Nik's been suffering with back problems and hasn't been out much lately so I was welcomed warmly. Besides, she'd gotten this new addition to her family that I've been dying to spoil. Sashi aka Sausages (my nickname) is a 5 month-old Lhasa. What a doll! If she ever turns up missing Nik, don't look at my house!!! By this time I had finished one cross stitch & was working on another. I was lucky to attend Nik's local stitching group & meet some more wonderful stitchers.

My last stop was at Julie's to celebrate her birthday. This was my first visit to her home also. We get along so well and had loads of fun. Me dragging her to a stitching shop and her showing me her favorite antique stores. After church and what was a very short visit I headed home.

Now, since I had had to skip lunch with Vicki in Portland on my way to Washington I made a stopover on my return. She convinced me to stay overnight rather than cross the pass at night (it didn't take much convincing). There had been problems with two of the pieces I had left at the framers on my last trip to Portland. I needed to pick them up. They've now been fixed and mailed back. I should be able to pick up the framed pieces later this month at our next GTG.

I arrived home and immediately got sick. I mean FLU sick! That's hung on for about a month. Enough already!!

I'm happy to report that Blondie was not as badly injured as first thought. She's now warmly tucked back in her garage. Man did I miss her heated seats!

1 comment:

  1. Hey i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find it truly useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    Website design | Website design Adelaide | Website design Brisbane


Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment... I just love heearing from you!