Friday, August 15, 2008

Stash Enhancement


OK... the stitching shop we found was "Loving Stitch" in Surrey, B.C.. The ladies there treated us royally. I bought only one pattern, a Sue Coleman, pictured here. I've admired her work for so long and it was very difficult to decide which one to stitch. I chose the Eagle to do for DH.

I chose quite a few large pieces of fabric (most are 21" X 24"). Let's see... Rue Green Quaker Cloth 28 ct., Almond Jazlyn 28 ct., Antique White Belfast 32 ct. (for the Eagle), and 16 ct. Aida in Sage Green, Twilight Blue, Lavender Mist and Confederate Blue. I also got a remnant (7" X 25") of a lovely heather green linen.

I bought a real pretty 3" set of bell pull hangers in walnut and some white linen band fabric for it. Also a locally made mini scroller frame (up to 5") that will be perfect for band fabrics.

You don't want to know what all this cost me! And the exchange rate is pretty much at par now. But a girl has to do what a girl has to do when she finally gets into a bricks and mortar stitching shop. I wanted to go wild! I think I was very conservative. Jim's opinion may vary!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this chart. I've been tempted to buy it and do it for my son because he loves bald eagles.

    Glad to hear you had a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment... I just love heearing from you!

Sewing machine